Energy Engineer – Irvine, CA
- Design, develop, and assist with commercial and industrial HVAC energy systems and lighting.
- Conduct ASHRAE level I, II, and III audits and develop energy efficiency measures.
- Conduct energy efficiency analysis of building and facility systems using appropriate analytical tools.
- Compile related reports and data sheets as required.
- Perform Energy Modeling using eQUEST and OpenStudio in accordance with ASHRAE Guideline 14.
- Contribute to the ongoing development and enhancement of the analytics processes.
- Develop new analytical tools and deliver advanced technical training.
- Ensure timely delivery of reports and other deliverables.
- Leverage analytical tools and energy experience to develop energy efficiency measures (EEMs), perform feasibility analysis, energy savings and financial analysis associated with EEMs.
- Develop scope of work and sequences of operation for the proposed EEMs.
- Develop project cost estimates and energy savings calculations for the proposed EEMs.
- Perform BMS data point mapping and other site related configuration.
- Analyze SkySpark, Ultrasite, and BMS trend data for data-driven analytics.
- Perform eQUEST data modeling.
- Perform pre-functional and functional performance tests.
- Develop functional performance test forms and perform field testing.
- Perform QA/QC process as needed.
- Present results to customers and act as the main conduit for customer feedback and suggestions.
- Test and commission building systems.
- Use regression and inverse modeling techniques to develop energy baselines.
- Write and perform pre-functional and functional performance tests.
- Write Cx and M&V plans and other Cx documentation.
- Familiar with HVAC building energy systems across a variety of educational, commercial, institutional, hospital buildings, and industrial facilities.
Master’s degree in Mechanical Engineering or related field plus 2 years of experience as Energy Engineer, Project Engineer, or related.
*Knowledge/expertise must be sufficient to perform the job duties involved in the occupation in the normally accepted manner.
*Employer will accept any suitable combination of education, training, or experience.
- Technical Assistance for Utility programs
- ASHRAE building energy codes and guidelines
- Energy Modeling Tools (eQUEST, Energyplus and Trace)
- Data Analytic Tools (SkySpark, Ultrasite)
- ASHRAE level I, II, and III audits
How to Apply
Qualified applicants, please send resume to:
Enpowered Solutions LLC
ATTN: Staffan Ackerstrom
24 Executive Park, Suite 230
Irvine, CA 92614
**Must reference JOB CODE#: AS-01 when applying.
It is the policy of Enpowered Solutions LLC to afford full equal employment opportunity to qualified employees and applicants, regardless of their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical or mental handicaps, military or veteran status, sexual preference, or any other protected condition or characteristic in conformity with all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations.
Enpowered Solutions LLC is an equal opportunity employer.