Enpowered is currently seeking a qualified Controls Engineer to execute commercial and industrial controls projects.
Enpowered is currently seeking a Controls Engineer for a full-time position in our Santa Ana, San Francisco or San Diego offices. The candidate will execute most types and sizes of controls projects, while meeting the project scope, schedule, budget and margin requirements for the customer and Enpowered. This position includes individual and team oriented responsibility for the management, development, and application of automation and controls systems for energy efficiency, automated demand response, cogeneration and process control applications. This position is primarily responsible for programming and modification of PLCs, HMIs, and SCADA applications; developing detailed design and implementation plans; and testing and commissioning of automation and control systems.
- Select, specify, and design the installation of measurement devices to measure and analyze physical and chemical properties.
- Select, specify, and design the installation of control element devices to manipulate flows, energy, positions, speeds, and other variables.
- Design wiring to reliably communicate information between measurement and control element devices and control equipment.
- Calibrate, troubleshoot, test, repair, and improve sensing, measurement, and actuation devices.
- Define the data structure layout and data flow model considering the volume and type of data involved in order to provide specifications for hardware selection and software development.
- Select the physical communication media, network architecture, and protocols based on data requirements in order to complete system design and support system development.
- Develop a functional description of the automation solution (e.g., control scheme, alarms, HMI, reports) using rules established in the definition stage in order to guide development and programming.
- Design the test plan using chosen methodologies in order to execute appropriate testing relative to functional requirements.
- Perform the detailed design for the project by converting the engineering and system design into purchase requisitions, drawings, panel designs, and installation details consistent with the specification and functional descriptions in order to provide detailed information for development and deployment.
- Prepare comprehensive construction work packages by organizing the detailed design information and documents in order to release project for construction.
- Develop Human Machine Interface (HMI) in accordance with the design documents in order to meet the functional requirements.
- Develop database and reporting functions in accordance with the design documents in order to meet the functional requirements.
- Develop control configuration or programming in accordance with the design documents in order to meet the functional requirements.
- Implement data transfer methodology that maximizes throughput and ensures data integrity using communication protocols and specifications in order to assure efficiency and reliability.
- Implement security methodology in accordance with stakeholder requirements in order to mitigate loss and risk.
- Review configuration and programming using defined practices in order to establish compliance with functional requirements.
- Test the automation system using the test plan in order to determine compliance with functional requirements.
- Assemble all required documentation and user manuals created during the development process in order to transfer essential knowledge to customers and end users.
- Maintain accurate configuration documentation of all process control systems (e.g. P&I drawing, Logic drawing, Slot Assignment, etc.)
- Perform backup, patching, antivirus update and inventory control of all process control systems to meet Disaster Recovery plans.
- Performing other duties as required
Desired Skills and Attributes
- Resourceful team player who excels at building trusting relationships with customers and colleagues.
- Dependable, responsible contributor committed to excellence and success.
- Highly motivated self-starter who takes initiative with minimal supervision.
- Results-driven achiever with exemplary planning and organizational skills, along with a high degree of detail orientation.
Please submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org